Carolyn ~ homework
Carolyn ~ homework
  • Los Angeles, CA

How to remove a rust stain from fabric

Rust stains are difficult to remove and can ruin the look of your pretty linens or white towels. Here's a tip to remove a rust stain from fabric. All you need are two items you probably have on hand.
Don't let rust stains ruin beautiful linens.
A little basic chemistry will take care of your rust stain.
Pour a little pile of salt on the rust stain and then cover the pile of salt with lemon juice.
After 24 hours rinse the salt and lemon juice. The rust stain should be gone.
Carolyn ~ homework

• Dale

Will this work on colored fabric? I have a knit top that has a rust stain on it that I would like to remove. I like the top and don't want to get rid of it.

• Susan

What about rust on floor vinyl

• Carol

I had success using cream of tarter, dampen spot and cover with C of T, and keep damp. After a few hours, rust was gone.

• Aida Eliamen

About Tomatillo: it is a green small tomato very sawer , we get it here in Mexico but there should be all over the world now and it has different names, Mexico: Tomate verde, US: Tomatillo. It is excellent to make green hot sauces. Hope this helps !