Make a Snowman Hot Chocolate Kit - Fun Gift Idea

I was given this challenge: create a holiday-themed repurposed craft under $5. Might as well make it delicious too, right?
I made these Snowman Hot Chococlate Kits from baby food jars and other supplies I had around the house.
They are super simple (and fun!) to make, so fire up the glue gun and let's get started.
1. You can use any size jars but it may take a lot of supplies to fill larger ones!
I filled them with mini marshmallows, hot chocolate mix, and chocolate candies in colourful wrappers.
2. Use scrap felt or fabric to create simple scarves and mitts. I put these mittens on strings because the snowmen are always losing them.
3. Create faces with chocolate chips, marking pens made for glass, polymer clay (for a carrot nose), acryllic craft paints, beads, or anything else you can glue on! There's full details on my blog.
4. After decorating, the jars are hot glued together. The lids still open so you can use and reuse these kits over and over again.
5. Give one or several as gifts. They look super cute at an hot chocolate station at a party.
Visit my blog for the complete tutorial and recommended supplies. If you make some, I'd love to see them! And happy crafting!

Empress of Dirt - Melissa

• Sharon Williams

Yes.. I know exactly where I can get baby food jars...
  • Lisa Sinclair

These are cute, and a great teachers gift idea. But I wouldn't use food for the decorations, as they will melt and be ruined. So my suggestion is to use small buttons, or faux candies from the craft store. I also think I'd use 1 pint mason jar for the body, so the recipient would get more of the homemade cocoa mix. And that way you would only have 1 jar lid to cover up with his lil' scarf. Thank you so much for sharing!