Touch Up for Cheap

Ever heard the saying, "It's like using a sledgehammer to kill an ant"? Have you ever needed to touch up some paint but end up buying a whole gallon? For those small jobs such as covering up nail holes, or fixing that white smudge on the wall you made when painting your baseboard, buy a sample size jar of paint instead. You can go to your local home improvement store and purchase convenient samples for much cheaper than a quart or gallon. According to a local Lowe's employee, it seems to be catching on with many do-it-yourselfers, as they are beginning to sell large quantities of these samples.
The pictured samples were only $2.94 each at Lowe's. With a gallon priced at around $25 to $30, it is a huge savings. A great idea when selling your home is to include a few samples so the new owners can make touch ups as needed. Even if they decided to repaint every room, it's a nice gesture and you're only out a couple bucks each.
Sample size is the way to go

Becky from Practips

• Sharron W

You know what, last time I went to HD to get a sample mixed, the employee gave me a hard time because I wanted a color that was in a line of paint different from the brand of base...I've done that before and they've never given me a hard time...and on top of that you can only get samples in the flat eggshell finish... I think I'm gonna check out Lowes....that sample says satin...and that's usually what I buy....

• Becky from Practips

Yes, make sure the sheen matches. I messed up the first time I got a sample, but have since purchased correctly. No one should give you a hard time about getting samples. Just go somewhere else where they will appreciate the business. :)