Elizabeth Joan Designs
Elizabeth Joan Designs
  • Columbus, OH

The Most Wonderful Stocking Hanger

Since we didn’t have a place to hang our stockings this year, I decided to make a stocking hanger with some fun holiday lyrics on it. In the past, we’ve had a mantle or ledge we could hang our stockings from, but in our current home, we have nothing. No Mantle? No Problem!
how to make a stocking hanger from a wood board, chalk paint, christmas decorations, painting, repurposing upcycling, seasonal holiday decor, woodworking projects
I found some random boards (reclaimed wood?) in our garage and thought that maybe I could use them.
First, I attached both boards together with a couple of flat braces. Next, I slapped a quick coat of chalk paint on the front of the boards.
Then, I measured and marked 5 equidistant spaces out and drilled holes into the wood. After that, I screwed in the knobs to hold up the stockings.
As for the wording, I used my favorite technique to transfer the lettering from paper, only this time, I used pencil instead of chalk. Finally, I added a couple of self leveling hooks to the back and hung it up.
Finally, I added a couple of self leveling hooks to the back and hung it up.
Elizabeth Joan Designs