Judy Ellison
Judy Ellison
  • Lowell, IN

Fabric I can see!

$0

I repurposed this 10$ dresser to hold my fabric in my sewing room, but I still wasn't satisfied. I couldn't see what I had. By seeing the fabric I have bought reminds me of the projects I can't wait to get to. And then it hit me...
organizing and storing fabric, organizing, storage ideas, reupholster
I gathered all the pants hangers not being used. You can use regular hangers to.
Attached the fabric and whalaaa! I'm organized!

• Alice Appelman

Are you saying you forgot about the dresser and simply hung them in your closet?

• Judy Ellison

No I still use the dresser for smaller pieces. But for the larger I have hung them all up. I hate putting anything in drawers because I cant see them. But for now until we come up with something brilliant this will have to do. (:

• Alice Appelman

Thank you. I do agree with you completely. Need to see the fabric in to do my thing.

• ThomasMaloney

Thanks for sharing this simple yet very practical fabric storage idea. An additional idea would be to hang hooks on the hanger itself and each hook can carry a piece of fabric each. This way, you will have visibility on more fabrics on each individual hanger so you can save further on space.

• Beverly Hirsch

OR use those multiple pants/skirt hangers that one sees in many stores. You know, the ones that have about six or eight sets of clips.