Cotton Ball and Jingle Bell Christmas Tree

13K Views
I made my Cotton Ball and Jingle Bell Christmas Tree based on a wonderful craft from my favorite new book "Creatively Christmas: Inspired Yuletide Décor" by Jennifer Rizzo!
  • how to make a cotton ball and jingle bell christmas tree, christmas decorations, crafts, repurposing upcycling, seasonal holiday decor
It all began with Jen's book - which is a MUST read if you love decorating for Christmas!
When I saw her jingle bell tree project, I instantly thought of these sad brown-painted Styrofoam cones I had for a project never finished. (Jen used a cardboard cone for hers.)
I purchased some large-sized cotton balls, some silver jingle bells and got to work! First step? Attaching the cotton balls to the tree. I started at the base...
I used Aleene's Turbo Tacky Glue to adhere the cotton balls. (You can see how I did this more in-depth in my blog post - link is at bottom of this page.)
I used Aleene's Fast Grab Tacky Glue to attach the jingle bells into the little recessed areas in between the cotton balls. Just glue, press in, and hold for a few seconds.
And upside down candle tray provided the perfect rustic tree "skirt" for my fluffy tree!
This was super easy to make! I can imagine an entire forest of these trees, or as someone on Pinterest said to me: imagine making these in miniature size for an indoor fairy garden!

Suggested materials for this project:

Laura, Pet Scribbles

Ask a Question