Decorate a Jar as a Christmas Gift

Another Hometalk Team crafting day complete- I think I've caught the DIY bug for sure! As I mentioned in my last project, I am trying to make all of my Christmas gifts this year.
I saw Mom4real's Peppermint Sugar Scrub in Mason Jars post and fell in love! You can see her original, oh-so-fabulous project here: http://www.hometalk.com/5994176/how-to-make-peppermint-sugar-scrub-as-a-holiday-gift
Miriam & I made our way back down to Michael's and then popped over to Whole Foods to collect my crafting needs. I had so much fun doing this project- here come's the how-to! :)
My finished little lovelies! This was seriously so easy to make I couldn't believe it.
Here's the non-scrub materials for this project. Two small mason jars, Glue Dots (stay tuned for my feelings on these guys coming up), a Craftsmart white paint pen, chalkboard stickers, the CUTEST itty bitty clothes pins, and bakers twine in any color your heart desires. I went with pink and white cuz I'm a total girl sometimes.
This is what goes into the body scrub. NO JOKE! It's so freakin simple and might I add a-maz-ing! (I may or may not have made more than I needed and stocked some in my bathroom at home) :)
I used the free graphic printable I found on Mom4real's blog post linked to her post above. They're so adorable! (Don't mind my furry sweater making an appearance).
Okay...let's talk Glue Dots. I had never heard of these things and would have never dared to grab them if Miriam & I's crafting guardian angel, Toni lead me to them at Michaels. They are perfect for any surface and are zero mess. A total win in my book! (I tend to make a mess, I need to products that save me from myself sometimes haha).
Literally. Glue Dots. Dots that are glue.They are such a hilarious idea to me but really do work! I just smoothed the label on top of them- so easy.
I used 1/2 a cup of coconut oil, 1/2 a cup of sugar and about 12-15 shakes of peppermint essential oil. Mixed together in a large bowl. This makes one mason jar full.
Tip: You can kind of tinker with the end result, which is what I did. Put a little on your hand and decide if it's too abrasive or not pepperminty enough. That was my first reaction so I added a touch more coconut oil and peppermint.
Then I filled my little mason jars up to the top.
Wrote Merry Christmas on my stickers. (The one on the left didn't make the cut- this is my attempt at pretty handwriting haha.)
I wrapped the twine around the top and tied it in a bow. Next was getting the little clothes pins in the right spot. *Warning* these little things are very delicate. If you make the wrong move it's a goner. Refer to the one that exploded in this pic.
I took a sharpie and added some color to the labels.
I love how perfectly these little peppermints attached to my string! They're that little extra touch of something it needed :)
I hope you all enjoyed my how-to gift idea! If you are stumped on what to get your friend, coworker, boss, mom, mother-in-law, teacher, (heck the lady at your coffee shop in the morning!) seriously, make this. I use it, love it and will definitely be making more!
You know I love to hear your feedback and comments. :) Until next time friends!

The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now
30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants
Grab Some Pool Noodles And Copy These 3 Ideas
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper

• Mary Dodge
    Mary Dodge

The coconut oil, is it odor free? Where did you buy it? Any brand recommendations? Thank you.

• Patsy Duffin
    Patsy Duffin

Concerned the oil will. Clog my drain....???

• Meem Kaplan
      Meem Kaplan

It melts at body temp. Shouldn't be a problem. I have a septic tank and last time it was pumped there was no oil issues. I've been using coconut oils for years.

• Mickey Baron
    Mickey Baron

GREAT gift for the mail lady... teacher...my fav bank teller... That clothespin kills me.

• Traci
    Traci

Cute and so easy to make!