Thrifted Spice Rack Organizer

$5

A new year often signals the desire to get organized- to get your clutter under control and your home in order! Well, creating your own organization system is easier (and cheaper) than you think with the help of your local thrift store and a little bit of DIY fun!
how to make a thrifted spice rack organizer, organizing, repurposing upcycling, storage ideas
Thinking about adding some organization to your life in 2015? Well, a spice rack from the thrift store is a GREAT piece to add to your garage, craft room, or any room where you need to organize "small bits" like hardware or craft supplies.
While not mandatory, I'm a fan of spray painting wood items from thrift stores. Not only does it make it contemporary, but it feels like I'm "sealing out" the previous life...whatever that was.
Since most spice jars have labels and shaker tops, remove those.
Then, using chalkboard paint from the craft store, paint the tops of your spice jars.
Then the fun step- fill your spice jars with small bits- nuts & bolts, beads, jingle bells, washers, pom poms, whatever small bits you have floating around and want to keep together in one place. Then, using chalk or a chalk pen, label your jar on the lid! Terribly cute and wonderfully functional- the perfect organizer!

Sadie Seasongoods

• Laura Thomas

I love that idea I have the stand where could I find the bottles
    • Sadie Seasongoods

I bet you can find some on Amazon...or maybe Ebay? Just make sure you measure the holes in your stand before you order- that way, you can make sure the diameter of the bottle is just slightly smaller!

• Pmdbio

Great idea & completed project! I really like how compact this is for small crafting items.
  • Linda Abate

I never would have thought to use a spice holder for items used in craft making. This definitely is a clever way of keeping things at finger tip reach. Great for glitter, pins/needles, pom poms, and embellishments for card making. Love your idea.