How to plank your walls

My husband and I are slowly working on remodeling our kitchen. Last month we added plank walls and we think they add a ton of character! The process is very simple AND it cost us less than $150 in materials....come check out the tutorials if your interested! Here is the one about painting: http://www.domesticimperfection.com/2012/09/painted-plank-walls-finally/
Here is the one about putting up the planks:
painted plank walls in kitchen
painted plank walls in kitchen
Painted plank walls
Painted plank walls
painted plank walls
painted plank walls
Plank walls before painting
Plank walls before painting
plank walls before painting
plank walls before painting
Painted plank walls (adding a screen door soon, in the same color as the cabinets)
Dining room before
Dining room before
Kitchen before
Kitchen before
Ashley @ Domestic Imperfection

• Sheryll S

I love your new kitchen and dining room. They are perfect to me. But, I was wondering if anyone has tried or thought about sanding the edges of each plywood board (can they even sand?) and then just not spacing between them? Since I would have to do mine alone.... I was considering painting stripes to make it look like boards would work even a little bit? I thought I might practice on one bedroom wall and then if it is awful, Kilzing over it and just painting.

• Linda@nothingbutblueskyes

I want to plank the wall behind my bed. This is a really great tutorial for us. Thank you!