Geraniums

$4.00

I have an easy way to save your geraniums from year to year. In mid September to early October cut back geranium and place container in a large garbage bag in your garage or cool basement for the winter months. When temperatures start to climb up and there is no threat of frost remove plastic bag and place in sun. Saturate with water until you see water coming out of the base of plant. If temperature drops bring back into garage and keep inside until there is no threat of frost. From there it's a piece of cake! Beautiful blooms. This will be my 6th year with this beautiful plant. I have had to change containers twice. Blooms galore!
5th year and going strong!
This is how the geranium looks after the long winter. It has already started to get green in early March.
Getting ready for winter. Cut back plant well making sure to leave some of the plant green leaves on.
Cut back a bit more.

12 Container Garden Ideas to Kick Off Spring
Jazz Up Your Bathroom With These 30 Stylish Additions
Make Your Home a Winter Wonderland With These Stunning Ideas
31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
These Clever Decor Ideas Are So Perfect For Summer
18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
Transform Tuna Cans Into Gorgeous Lighting In 10 Simple Steps
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
Quick Easter Egg Ideas That Are Just Too Cute
15 Simple Projects Under 30 Min To Get You Ready For The Spring Season
30 Different Ways to DIY an Adorable Snowman This Winter
13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th

• Barbara Lorenz McNichols

Do you seal the bag shut and do you want at all through the Winter?

• Marze Baquera

is this only for outside geranium ..i have my geranium inside.. do i have to trim this one too.... i didnt knew you store geranium on winter....i was surprise

• M. J.

Usually geraniums rest through the cold months but if yours are doing well inside no need to trim unless they are getting to wild. Then cut back.

• Mary

Did not see answer. Sorry. Do you seal the plastic bags?

• So I taking my daughters from her house that are in deck boxes, so do I go& replant them in my containers or just keep them in paper/ plastic bags? Also I have beeeautiful geraniums in hanging baskets, pull them out of the moss liners or store in garage or basement ?

• Jenny

Thanks, I'll try your method this year.

Last winter was so mild in England that I left my geraniums outside in their tubs (on a South facing wall) because they were still flowering. They flowered all winter and are looking very good still. But I can't hope for that weather again.

• Liam Crowe

I will do in Autumn?