Heating season is here

Just a reminder to check your woodstove's and fireplaces for heating season.
now is also a good time to swap out your furnace air filter
First white of the year...at least at my house

KMS Woodworks

• KMS Woodworks

I'm up in Cheyenne today and we got snow here. When I talked to my sweetie yesterday she said we had a couple inches there as well. I would be nice to be a snow bird and escape from most of the winter...our longer term plans are to retire to the area of our Ranch in Northern New Mexico...it is about 30 miles from Taos. They still get winter there but it is a few months "shorter".

• Bernice H

@KMS Woodworks Lots of people move up here to Yakima, "The Palm Springs of Washington" because the "weather here is sooo nice" Well compared to many places I suppose it is.But it is still cold and gray, and summers are so hot. Maybe they are talking about we only get a few inches of snow once in a while. Well, to me cold is cold, at least snow is white and bright, which lifts my spirits.I have never been to NMex...and have only flown into Denver a couple of times. Told hubs recently we ought to fly to Denver or Salt Lake just because......somewhere different! We are already cold in our dbl mhome...it is a 76, we got new windows a few years ago, but they really only made it quieter from street noise, there are probably soo many leaky places in this metal shell, we get so frustrated. I have to hold hubs back from getting a house. He is 65, ready to retire pretty soon,not take a mortgage on. Anyway, i like the radiant heater over our fakey fireplace. Hopefullysomeday retiring in Ensenada! hah