Mantel Garland

Making a mantel garland with cheap supplies. Using empty soda cans (any empty cans would do) to make large wrapped candy filler for the garland. Cut your cellophane or wrapping paper to fit around the can with aprox. 6" excess on each end to gather up & tie. Working with the slick, easily torn cellophane is a PIB. The easiest way to work with it is to use double stick tape, placing a piece of tape on both edges attach one edge to the can, begin rolling. Something (soup cans in my case) to weight it down smoothly while you roll the can makes it easier.
Once the cans have been rolled & cellophane attached *GENTLY* (or you will tear it) gather & twist the excess on the ends & tie with ribbon.
The peppermint candy cans were wrapped twice, first with cut to fit red & white striped wrapping paper, & then with clear iridescent cellophane.
Not counting the cost of the soda cans (would be buying that anyway) the cost of 22 decorated cans is just under 4 cents a can. The cellophane I used came from the Dollar Tree. I only ended up using 7 candy cans on the garland, but excess cans can be used on your tree or wherever....
The garland is a 9ft pre-lit garland from Walmart ($10.00) 2 rolls of ribbon also from Walmart ($2.47 ea.) I spaced out 7 candy cans, & assorted ornaments, (aprox. $8.00) then randomly looped the red ribbon through out the garland, the dotted ribbon, I made three bow type loops, & wired them to attach to the garland anywhere more filler was needed. The Santa face hanging down in the middle also came from the Dollar Tree. Total cost aprox. $25.00.