Marty's Musings
Marty's Musings
  • Greensboro, NC

Ribbon Storage and Craft Room Organization

I love ribbon and have created some ways to store it in my scrapbook room: on the wall with dowel rods, in the drawers of a twin bed and in baskets in a yard sale cd holder. Okay, I won't tell you about the bags in the closet. It will be our secret :)
Five wooden dowel rods 1/4 inch thick, as the individual ribbon rolls demanded. We hooked off the ends with a washer and hung them up with a eye bolt. Easy and pretty to look at. I tried to organize according to color families.
I used a cd rack (yard sale for $1) and bought baskets at the dollar store to store even more ribbon.
ribbon storage, craft rooms, organizing, storage ideas
The twin bed we have in the scrapbook room has a great selling point: drawers underneath for storage. Guess what I found to put in them! More ribbon. Imagine that.
Marty's Musings

• UdyRegan

That's a lot of ribbon! But that being sad, it's acutally really organized storage you have there so very impressive! Now to get my wife to clear her craft storage too…

• 153091

Question:? what keeps them from unrolling? Also when you empty a spool, how do you get it off without taking several spools off?

• 153091

@Marty's Musings Appreciate the answer, however sometimes when I pull what I want thats on a dowel rod......the ribbon keeps unrolling! I usually cut a slit in the outer cardboard and pull the end through the slit.