DIY Candy Cane Soap

Making soap is not hard. We used store bought glycerin and added our own fragrance, color and some crushed candy canes.
First we melted the glycerin on the stove over medium heat. A 1 lb. bag of white glycerin from the craft store made more than 8 large bars. We used a couple of small plastic molds to pour the soap in, then added the crushed candy canes for color. The soap hardens in less than an hour, then we popped them out of the mold.
To make the layered soap, the liquid glycerin was poured into a large bread pan that had been oiled slightly with olive oil and sprinkled with crushed candies. After it hardened, we poured a second layer of glycerin (colored with red food color) over the first and added some peppermint essential oil for fragrance. The soap was cooled, inverted and sliced into bars. I used an old cookie tin to pack some of the soap for gift giving.
The rest of the soap is now part of our holiday display in our bathroom. It smells wonderfully like peppermint! More tips on the blog.

25 Fun Things You'll Want to DIY Before the Spring Arrives
20 Easy Projects To Help You Get Ready For Easter
The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
Do You Want to Make Over a Room in Your Home & Add Gorgeous Built-Ins?
30 Useful Ways To Reuse Plastic Bottles
Jessica C

• Debbie
    Debbie

Doesn’t the candy in the soap make it sticky?

• Leah Deverett
    Leah Deverett

Great project! Thanks for sharing!

• Aimee
    Aimee

So you know I kept trying to visit your blog and it was redirecting me to the kinky Swype website :(