Green Mason Jar Christmas Tree

How to create a festive Christmas tree using green Heritage Mason Jars. Easy and fun! ating
If you have some of those spring green Heritage Mason Jars and scrap wood, you have the makings of a lovely Christmas tree.
For the past two years, Ball has been releasing one special
"Heritage" color. Note: these are new jars... not vintage although with the lovely green tint, they look it!
I grabbed 8 of the quart size and four of the pint size jars. For stability, I had some scrap wood that we sawed down for this project. One piece was 24 inches long, another piece that’s 19 inches long and a shorter, 5 inch long piece. My scrap wood happened to be two inches or so thick. For the snow, I used "Holiday Snow" which is a faux snow product. You''ll also need Krylon white spray paint, some Christmas lights and something to decorate the top of the tree.
First, I spray painted the plywood white. You could also paint the wood with acrylic paint.
Next, I covered the 5 jars that I wanted to use for the bottom of the tree with faux snow. The 3 middle jars I sprayed halfway with the faux snow.
After everything was dry, I layered the jars and the wood. Here's the bottom level.
The middle level...
And the top.
Then I added lights around the outline of the tree.
I finished the project by placing a pink vintage ornament on top and a brightly colored "Merry Christmas" sign on the bottom.
I hope our Mason Jar Christmas Tree makes people smile when they walk by! I love the bright and colorful feel that it adds to our home.
Happy Holidays!

Malia Karlinsky

• Nancy

I really love this idea very besutiful ahhhh loving the jars🎄😜

• Mindy Ricks Landers

I love this idea. I don't have the green jars but it would also be easy to color recycled spaghetti jars or some of the plain clear mason jars with green food coloring and mod podge. I'd use some sand or small rocks in the bottom of each jar for weight, and an led tea light in each one. I'd also E6000 glue each jar to the boards. Then, after Christmas, each section could be stored till next year!