CD Ornaments

I have been making these cd's for family and friends for years. I made them last year for my students in children's Church. I copied a picture of each child on my printer and glued it on the cd. All you need for this project is cd's (I used old scratched one or the ones they used to mail to you) Christmas cards, white glue, glue gun and trim.
how to make cd ornaments, christmas decorations, crafts, repurposing upcycling, seasonal holiday decor
I have a clear cd so that I can lay it on the card and place it where I want to cut. You can trace and cut or use an exacto knife. Remember when you glue the picture to the cd, less glue is best.
I have a small rolling pin to roll over the cd after I glue to remove the excess glue. After it is dried, then comes the fun part, using the hot glue to add the trim. I have plenty of trim so I didn't have to buy anything.
You are only limited by your imagination. I give these instead of Christmas cards and have people tell me they still have all the ones I have ever given them and put them on their tree every year.
So have fun and make someone happy this year with a thoughtful gift to hang on their tree to enjoy year after year. Also this is the first time I have ever posted anything on Hometalk. Hope I did it right.

• Barbara

Nice idea to recycle old greeting cards of any kind. Thanks for your idea.

• Vicki VanEck Hill

Yes! I have bazillions of DVDs, actually, of church services I missed after many post-polio surgeries.