Painting a Deck

My deck has been my nemesis for years! I have repainted it several times, even tried staining it! Still, my deck peels, cracks, and splinters! I found a product that made my job so much easier!
My deck was peeling, cracking, and splintering!  This product was thick and filled in the gaps!  Plus it dries quickly!
My deck was peeling, cracking, and splintering! This product was thick and filled in the gaps! Plus it dries quickly!
This is "Deck Over" by Behr.
This is "Deck Over" by Behr.
aaahhh - so much better!
aaahhh - so much better!
It never fails, Emma always gets in the way.
She approves, although she was not happy that her paw prints were painted over.  Oh well......
She approves, although she was not happy that her paw prints were painted over. Oh well......
Jennifer Decorates

• Terina Maria

Not to be a "Debbie Downer" but last August/September I decided to use Behr Deckover and followed the directions To.The.Letter. Sadly, it was an epic fail. As a matter of fact, Behr DeckOver was the second Behr product for decks I've used over the years with dismal results. I'm not sure why because I followed the directions explicitly knowing it was very expensive and I didn't want to mess with my deck for a couple of years. Yours looks great, though!

• Carol

I have had the same problem with Behr stain. My deck has peeled and nothing I have tried to do has removed the stain, or stopped the peeling. I want to try Deck Over, but I am afraid to make another very expensive mistake. Perhaps I will try the Rustoleum. Behr Paints owes a big apology for its solid stains. Epic failure.