Mary Insana
Mary Insana
  • Pittsburgh, PA

Woodwork

I had some old trim sitting in the garage so when I painted our bedroom I decided to do a little fancy work below the two windows. The first picture is the stained wood I used and the second picture is the finishd product with a carved wooden medallion from Home Depot in the center. I primed the wood first then painted it the same color as the walls Sherwin Williams Nomatic Desert. The color is darker than
Before.....using scrap stained wood from another project
The finished product.
The finished product.

• Mary Insana

Warren,This was leftover trim from another project. Problem is, I can't find that type of trim anymore. I had wanted to make 3 boxes around the bottom of the window but since I needed about 6 ft more of trim and cound't find it I used the medallions. When i paint the hall/livingroom I may do something like this on the outside of the 3 bedroom doors and hall bath and buy new trim wood so I have enough for the whole project.

• Mary Insana

Sharron, thanks ! I love to do things around the house. My husband has no interest in things like this, he's more of a technology type guy. I'm the one that got a circular saw and work bench and Lowes gift cards for Christmas from him !