Putting two carpet stain removal tips to a comparison test

I'm addicted to cleaning tips...not so much the actual cleaning, but the tips make my heart skip a beat. The other night, I was having a case of the carpet stain blues and finally decided to do something about it. Today, I'm sharing the test results and revealing which stain remover is the cure for those carpet stain blues.
Spots all over the carpet.
The first method uses a wag wet with vinegar and water that you place over the stain and then iron over it.
The second method is a simple mix of Dawn and Hydrogen Peroxide that you rub into the stain.
They both work well, but I definitely preferred one over the other...come on over to Mrs. Hines Class to see the results and get the homemade recipes for each of these carpet stain removers.

31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
Get The Outdoor Space You've Always Dreamed Of With These DIY Ideas
15 Simple Projects Under 30 Min To Get You Ready For The Spring Season
3 Ideas To Use Terracotta Pots You Definitely Haven't Seen Before
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
Sharon E. Hines

• Kathy Truden Brassard
    Kathy Truden Brassard

I want to know where I can get a wag that I wet with vinegar and water. Thanks!
    • Susan Reilly
      Susan Reilly

Lol! I thought the typo was funny but then I read your comment! Lol thanks for the giggle

• Maggie
    Maggie

My off white duvet cover has now weird greyish spots.... I've tried spraying it with shout and then soaking it in warm soapy water and then washing it with a little bit of chlorine bleach... several times and they're still there! any suggestions, please?!!! Thanks!

• Margie Rivers Addison
    Margie Rivers Addison

Does this work for pet stains also? To clean and absorb the odor?

• Johny
    Johny

Great post, I never thought to tell our customers this information ahead of cleaning their carpets. This will seriously help tremendously. Johny https://www.carpetcleaningmobile.com

• Jan Koelsch
    Jan Koelsch

I will definitely try one or the other on our carpet. I knocked over a hot cup of flavored coffee with coffee creamer in it and whipped cream. It was sipped once before the spill occurred. Made such a mess. Took water to it immediately and took wet towel with my foot to soak up. I'll take before and after.