Putting two carpet stain removal tips to a comparison test

I'm addicted to cleaning tips...not so much the actual cleaning, but the tips make my heart skip a beat. The other night, I was having a case of the carpet stain blues and finally decided to do something about it. Today, I'm sharing the test results and revealing which stain remover is the cure for those carpet stain blues.
putting two carpet stain removal tips to a comparison test, cleaning tips, flooring, Spots all over the carpet
Spots all over the carpet.
putting two carpet stain removal tips to a comparison test, cleaning tips, flooring, the first method uses a wag wet with vinegar and water that you place over the stain and then iron over it
The first method uses a wag wet with vinegar and water that you place over the stain and then iron over it.
putting two carpet stain removal tips to a comparison test, cleaning tips, flooring, The second method is a simple mix of Dawn and Hydrogen Peroxide that you rub into the stain
The second method is a simple mix of Dawn and Hydrogen Peroxide that you rub into the stain.
putting two carpet stain removal tips to a comparison test, cleaning tips, flooring, They both work well but I definitely preferred one over the other come on over to Mrs Hines Class to see the results and get the homemade recipes for each of these carpet stain removers
They both work well, but I definitely preferred one over the other...come on over to Mrs. Hines Class to see the results and get the homemade recipes for each of these carpet stain removers.
Sharon @ mrs. hines class

• Rhyrne54

What are the portion ratios?

• Lisbeth

Which method works the best for pet stains?

• Mor4203585

Shaving foam left on about30 minutes then rinse off, repeat if necessary

• Nancy Wilson

My apartment has indoor/outdoor type carpeting. I spilled bacon grease on it (a large 6-8" spot). I've cleaned it with vinegar but it's still there. What do you recommend?

• Bonnie

Hello, please tell me that you have a fool proof way to remove Kool-aide stains? From beige carpet, Thank you in advance!
    • Windycells

Equal amounts of water and ammonia in a spray bottle worked for me. Have your iron on the steam setting, spray the kool aid stain well and let set a minute or two. Place a white towel over the stain and iron on the towel. The kool aid stain transfers to the towel. Just be careful not to get off the towel and iron directly on the carpet.

• Sheryl Young

Windex! Spray on stain and dab off with dry rag
  • Sharon

Won't the peroxide bleach out the color in none white items?
    • Fra O'Leary

Peroxide will not bleach most materials. It is great for removing blood from colored items. Test in a out of the way place if possible.
  • Jan20812940

Hi, I have a Toddler grandson who is potty training. He has had urine accidents on the light grayish beige colored plush carpet in his room. What would you recommend barring taking the carpet up?
    • Christa Mann Cooley

I use vinegar for urine stains, both kids and pets. Ironing into the stain removes the stain and vinegar neutralizes the odor
    • Karen Ballou

I use Folex for the pet accidents in my home. Available on Amazon and at Lowe's. It's a no-rinse cleaner for almost any type stain. I blot up as much liquid as possible, spray Folex to cover it, the use my fingers to make sure it gets into the bottom on the carpet as well. A day or so later, I vacuum.
  • Lorrie McMillan

What's the combination of dawn to peroxide. How much of each?
    • Sharon W.

The Link provided above reads "a few squirts of detergent and one cup of 3% hydrogen peroxide". I would test somewhere first, if possible.
    • Phy11420395

I use this all the time. Best spot remover I have ever used. Use on carpet and clothes. On clothes let sit for about 30 min. before washing. The recipe I use is 1 C. hydrogen peroxide and 1/2 C. blue Dawn.
  • Judy mclaughlin

yellow underarm stains

• JudyH

Combine 1/2 cup liquid dishwasher soap, 1/2 cup vinegar, 1/2 cup bleach, 1/2 cup Tide detergent. Run hottest water possible to washing machine. Add some of the cocoction (amount depends on size of your load - be generous though). Agitate breifly. Spray stained area with additional concoction. Add stained items to washer. Soak at least two hours, preferably overnight. Add more hot water and wash as usual. I've only used this on whites. Takes out yellow underarm crunchy stains, grass stains, and all kinds of assorted baby clothing mystery stuff.
  • Kathy Truden Brassard

I want to know where I can get a wag that I wet with vinegar and water. Thanks!
  • Maggie

My off white duvet cover has now weird greyish spots.... I've tried spraying it with shout and then soaking it in warm soapy water and then washing it with a little bit of chlorine bleach... several times and they're still there! any suggestions, please?!!! Thanks!

• Sharon @ mrs. hines class

Try spraying the spots with hydrogen peroxide, letting it sit a little bit, then blotting. If that doesn't work, I'd take it to the dry cleaner.

• Margie Rivers Addison

Does this work for pet stains also? To clean and absorb the odor?

• Johny

Great post, I never thought to tell our customers this information ahead of cleaning their carpets. This will seriously help tremendously. Johny https://www.carpetcleaningmobile.com

• Jan Koelsch

I will definitely try one or the other on our carpet. I knocked over a hot cup of flavored coffee with coffee creamer in it and whipped cream. It was sipped once before the spill occurred. Made such a mess. Took water to it immediately and took wet towel with my foot to soak up. I'll take before and after.