Christmas Presents for My Workshop Friends

What do you give someone that you are teaching to be creative? Take a look at my solution and tell me what you think.
Before
Knife blocks and Oil Cans for a creative Christmas
These are filled with useful supplies and tools, but you can customize them for anyone.
For all the people that say they can't.... I say yes you can. Just find someone close to you and ask for help. More than likely they will be honored.
Repurposing is a favorite amongst us, and we love to come up with neat ideas!
Keeps things neat and handy no matter what you have in it!
Customize the color, add some glitter or bling it all the way out!
My favorite thing to say to someone is "Yes you can"! To see more of my stuff check out my store at www.autumnaire.com or go to my blog at www.autumnaire.blogspot.com.
Merry Christmas!

The Best Nautical Home Decor Ideas To Try Right Now
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
30 Gorgeous Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
15 Easy & Colorful DIY Projects For Your Home
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own
Debbie Harris

• Cathy Franck
    Cathy Franck

What kind of finish did you use on the blocks?

• Harry Larsen
    Harry Larsen

I couldn't help but notice that the knife block in the 'before' photo is not the same as the 'after' photos. Where can I find knife blocks with horizontal openings (in after photos) rather than the typical vertical openings?

• Debbie Harris
      Debbie Harris

There really aren't any set instructions for this project. It all depends on the block you find and what you're putting in it. Just have fun creating your vision. Yes I drilled out the wholes for the pens, paint markers, etc. I just put the drill pit at the end of the whole and went slowly so that the bit didn't wander. Here's a tip... It's wood, if you think you've made a mistake fill it in with wood putty, let it dry and start again! Super easy. Enjoy!

• Michele Russ Dilley
    Michele Russ Dilley

Clever, will do this for sure.

• Brenda
    Brenda

I am so excited to see this!! I just put all of my knives on a magnetic strip and was ready to throw the old knife block into the burn pile!! This is going to be great in my craft room makeover!! Thank you!!b