An Illuminated Shutters Christmas Toolbox Centrepiece?! Yes!

My home tends to be a little on the dark side this time of year. So I was trying to come up with a centrepiece that would be safe, yet illuminate the surrounding area.
Two shutters and a few mini lights later, this happened!
And you just won't believe how easy this is...
Visit to see more from this Christmas series.
how to make a christmas decorative toolbox, christmas decorations, crafts, repurposing upcycling, seasonal holiday decor, woodworking projects
This shutters toolbox was so easy and fun to make!
It all started with a knock on the door. That led to me sprinting across the road in pjs and bare feet to check out a big pile of shutters my neighbours wanted to get rid of!
Two shutters were screwed onto two pieces of wood, designed to be the end pieces of this toolbox. A branch was perfect for a funky handle.
Being that this toolbox was so sturdy, it didn't need a bottom. Mini lights were simply placed inside. Then jars of water followed.
Fresh green branches, cranberries, faux snow and rusty relics were also sprinkled in for good junk measure.
The result is one very funky, glowy centrepiece that would make any dark area sparkle!
Visit the blog post below to see how else I used this toolbox... hint... every office needs one. :)
Funky Junk Interiors - Donna

• Julie Moyna

So funky! Always inspiring. Merry Christmas!

• Jan449876

Grab the shutters while you can so many uses. But expensive. So don't pass an old one bye