3po3
3po3

Would you buy this house?

This solar-powered, zero-net-energy house is now on the market, through Deltec, a green builder. It was built for the Solar Decathlon competition, but now it available to the public, proving that these super-efficient homes are not just science fiction or a theoretical model, but something a family could actually live in.
Here's a link for more info:
http://www.deltechomes.com/green-building/zero-energy/the-solar-homestead/
would you buy this house, architecture, go green

• 3po3

I actually kind of like the fact that living in a 1,000-square-foot house means we really can't accumulate, buy or keep all that much stuff. Makes life simpler and cheaper (and before this, I lived in rentals for many years, and moved all the time, so it was a hassle to accumulate and move stuff). My only guilty exception is my 1,000-CD collection and our house full of books, but they really don't take up that much room in the grand scheme of things.

• Z

Though I love our larger home, I would have been just as happy in our last home which was much smaller. Hubby grew up being the oldest of five in a home about the size of our last one and always wanted a large home on a small acreage in the country. We've only 2.33 acres, but at our age, it's plenty to take care of and we have room for the kids and grands when the visit. Or move back in. Ha ha ha.