Gail@Purple Hues and Me
Gail@Purple Hues and Me
  • Millersville, MD

Ruffled Foam Sheets & Glitter Christmas Tree Cones DIY

Yet another way to decorate a cone tree using foam sheets and glitter: This is totally a diy craft starting with making the cone out of poster board, cutting out circles of foam sheets, turning the circles into ruffles using an iron, sprinkling the glue coated edges with glitter and finally gluing the ruffles on the cone tree with hot glue. That's all it takes to make this easy and elegantly looking
ruffled foam sheets glitter christmas tree cones diy, christmas decorations, crafts, how to, seasonal holiday decor
For a complete tutorial visit: http://plumperfectandme.blogspot.com/2014/12/ruffled-foam-sheets-glitter-christmas.html
Briefly, after making a poster board cone, cut out 3" circles from sheets of foam, sandwiching the circles between parchment paper and "ironing" for 15 seconds. The pliable foam is easily shaped by cupping it in the palm of hand and forming what looks like ruffles. Use a brush to apply white glue to the edges and then dip into glitter.
Once dry, the ruffles are glued onto the cone with hot glue starting at the base.
It's amazing to see how each ruffle intertwines with the other when gluing them on.
The ruffled Christmas tree cones turned out to be very impressive looking. The tallest measure 24 inches and the smaller one, 15 inches.
Besides using them at Christmas, they could easily fit in as wedding and party décor!
Gail@Purple Hues and Me

• Sandy Lynn

This idea could be used for different holidays. Just use different colors...like pastels for Easter. I love the idea. Thanks for sharing!

• Linda

Beautiful, I'm also doing this and if successful I'll try a wreath.

• Gail@Purple Hues and Me

Thanks, Linda! Every year since making this I keep saying I'm going to make a wreath but never do. Maybe one day . . .