Faux Iron Gate made from Toilet Paper Tubes!

A great way to recycle and decorate at the same time! Strips of toilet paper tubes are quilled by rolling them around the end of a paint brush.
faux iron gate made from toilet paper tubes, crafts, fences, repurposing upcycling
Susan Myers

• Sarah

How many did it take

• Kathleenwalsh

WOW thats takes a lot of determination and creativity.Beautiful Job.What happens if it rains ?

• Susan Myers

@Kathleenwalsh Thank you! This piece is entirely made from cardboard. It is meant as an indoor wall hanging.

• Vicki Prullage Murray

What a creative mind you have!! Love it!

• Kathleenwalsh

Sorry didn't mean to be a downer ! but it is Beautiful

• Kathleenwalsh

I just got this again in my mail box. I looked at it and thought What happens if it rains,History repeating itself ! it still is a beautiful piece with a lot of determanation you did a great job !!

• Bronxgirlcl

Could I use wrapping paper rolls as well as paper towel rolls and do I need to make a wooden frame to start? Thanks

• Susan Myers

You certainly could use paper towel rolls! As for a wooden frame, the finished piece is surprisingly sturdy. However, I did use Balsa wood for the three long straight pieces.

• Bronxgirlcl

I can't figure out how to cut the rolls. I've unrolled the papers but can't get the look . I've cut the rolls the long way and the short way and i still can't get the same size rolls.

• Susan Myers

I glued several strips together in order to get some of the longer curls. Depending on what I used it for, I cut the rolls the short way for tight curls and the long way for longer ones . Hope that helps.

• Vicky Beavers Meloy

Hi. How long (for the most part) are the strips?
  • Kay

I am in awe of your craftsmanship!

What did you use for the larger metal looking parts a the bottom of the gate?