Rachael
Rachael
  • Clayton, IN

The Shutter Factory

After a few wise suggestions to put shutters up on our old farmhouse, we took peoples' advice and opened our own shutter factory to make some rustic board and baton shutters. After a bit of dedicated work, the house looks more polished and homey. Do you like them?
Read the whole story at The Rehomesteaders' Blog: http://therehomesteaders.blogspot.com/2012/10/shutter-factory.html
The beginning of the shutter factory assembly line.
No mercy--my husband and father-in-law were up mounting shutters in 30F weather.  I had some warm apple cider waiting for them when they were done though. :)
No mercy--my husband and father-in-law were up mounting shutters in 30F weather. I had some warm apple cider waiting for them when they were done though. :)
All done!
All done!
Finished!
Finished!
Done!
Done!
Rachael

• Kat =^.^=

wow what a job! WOW turned out wonderful!

• David Shelley

Looks great. If you are not already planning maybe a red bench or two on the side of the stairs would add something else red to bring some balance and/or red milk cans, or whatever else. The shutters are wonderful.