Tracy W
Tracy W
  • Orland Park, IL

Paint and scrap wood update for my interior front door...

I was never thrilled with the honey oak front door with brass inserts. As I am working on updating my entry foyer, I decided to .... dare I say it.... paint the solid wood door! I only painted the side lights white and I darkened the actual door for a new look. I am excited for the way it totally changed the look of my foyer. It also cost me about $4.00 for one piece of wood as I had the other stuff laying
Here is the AFTER - it is not completely finished but I am thrilled with the result so far.  :-)
Here is the AFTER - it is not completely finished but I am thrilled with the result so far. :-)
This is the BEFORE.  It is a very nice door - but it was just boring.  Dated honey oak with brass sidelights.  It just needed a little "something".
This is the BEFORE. It is a very nice door - but it was just boring. Dated honey oak with brass sidelights. It just needed a little "something".