$6 Ceiling Fan Update!

$6

Update an old ceiling fan with just a little spray paint!
One of the reasons we bought this house was an amazing sunroom off of the kitchen/dining room. But it looked like it was out of an 90's issue of DIY Home. But that's for another blog post. So as I was priming the walls and a beam in the ceiling I realized if I wanted to update the ceiling fan I should to do it now before the second coat of primer and before the actual painting began in case it got messy.
I proceeded to take off the globes, which were in a huge need of a cleaning anyway, and started unscrewing parts I figured needed to come off. But, to my delight it was only the ceiling fan blades and, whatever it is you call them, that the blades hook to the fan with. I then taped up the electrical parts and I taped some newspaper to the ceiling. I didn't make it perfect since I knew I will painting the ceiling anyway. I also taped some newspaper hanging down as well (which I didn't get a picture of) just so my spray wouldn't go all over the place.
So spray paint in hand, I tackled the fan. Since I didn't want to get paint everywhere I was using short strokes. I spray painted the parts that attached to the blades and also the screws that hold in the light globes.
Looks so great right? Yes it works, no the spray paint didn't mess up the balance.

To see more of our painted sunroom head over to my blog or you can follow me over on Facebook!

• Spray Paint
  • Spray Paint

3 Gorgeous Ideas to Use Photo Frames - and Not for Pictures!
3 Super Cool Marbelizing Techniques Everyone's Trying!
Easy DIY Remedies For Your 7 Most Hated Bugs
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
The Wonderful Things You Can Make With...Paper!
Tara Boettger

• Kathy
    Kathy

How did you protect the inner electrical parts with all of those small openings?

• 861650
    861650

Tara, I have heard that if you paint the fans, it could alter/damage the way the fans work. I suspect that someone painted a little more on one fan blade than the others...or maybe more. Have you heard of this?

• 861650
      861650

@DianaB Thank you for your response as I so appreciate it and now I can't wait to do it. I will take the blades off and spray paint them outside.

• Cyndi Dimanno-Valentine
    Cyndi Dimanno-Valentine

Gorgeousness thanks