Asked on Dec 20, 2014

How can I fix a foot long scratch on my wooden polished floor?

Cheri HugginsSandra AmeyMarion Nesbitt
+7

I have a scratch on my wooden polished floor about a foot long and 5mm wide. What is the best way to fix it please?
  • Judy Grecco
    Judy Grecco

A quick fix would be to rub a walnut, not the shell, the meat into the scratch. I have used this on furniture and other wood surfaces and it helps to hide it.

• Judy Abbott
    Judy Abbott

I found shoe polish close to the color of your floorboards is a great cover up

• Tatjana Lijić
    Tatjana Lijić

I heard that you can make a mixture of sawdust and glue(the kind that is used to connect peaces of wood) and fill the hole with it..

• Rosie Walsh
    Rosie Walsh

I agree with Judy Grecco's suggestion of using a walnut. It's something I do a lot and it works great for my medium stained wood floors.

• Dee
    Dee

Here is what i use, on furniture or floors.OLD ENGLISH scratch cover for dark woods works great. Or they have pens at menards for wood to match the color of your floors. I have tried both and they work great.

• Carol
    Carol

Don't know if it will work, but try steam. Use an iron over damp paper towels or wash cloth. Don't lease the iron the cloth too long but keep checking. I know it works for dings in furniture.

• Carole
    Carole

If the scratch is very deep and noticeable, a bit of wood filler mixed with a colour stain that matches your floors should fix it.

• Marion Nesbitt
    Marion Nesbitt

Good ideas.

• Sandra Amey
    Sandra Amey

Also try WATCO's Rejuvinate.

• Cheri Huggins
    Cheri Huggins

Thanks everyone for your great tips! Much appreciated.