Exa H
Exa H
  • Killeen, TX

Mosaic mailbox weekend project

I've been talking about doing this for a while, so I had my husband go out and take it down for me. I played around with the pattern until I came up with one I liked, and then glued, then grouted.
What do you think?
mosaic mailbox weekend project, crafts, tiling

• Marilee H

Love the project - what glue did you use?
  • Pen25529643

I have always been drawn to mosaic work. Also wondering about what kind of glue you used to attach tiles and glass. How about the grout? How did you apply this and avoid covering the tile? How fast does it dry?
    I'm also wondering about adding color to the grout. Do you have any experience with this?
    • Luci McMullen

Go walk through the tiling department of a hardware store such as Lowe's or Home Depot. Read the labels on the adhesives and grouts. You really will learn a lot, plus it is fun. Talk to an employee who is interested in teaching you. I am sorry to say that is not all employees.

• Oregongirl

How did you get the sticker # off?

• Exa H

You know, it's been a while since I did this project, but if I remember correctly, I must have un-peeled them. Either that, or I left them, and just covered them with the design. Thank you for asking.

• Where did you put the house number so you can get your mail delivered? LOL

• Exa H

Hi Michelle. I painted it on a large flat rock, with flowers, dragonflies, and a sun. It's propped up on the fence below the mailbox. I also have the house numbers on the house by the front door. The thing I didn't do that I wish I had, was put the red flag back on the mailbox.