Ellen H
Ellen H
  • Cullman, AL

Fall In Alabama

Walked around a little this morning and took a few pictures. Fall in the South doesn't just happen overnight - it is a process, sometimes quite subtle.
Dogwood with berries, taken about 10 days ago.
Looking out toward the neighbors.
Looking out toward the neighbors.
More neighbors past a recently mown hay field.
Leaves of maple (October Glory, I think) against Arizona cypress, both planted a few years ago.
fall in alabama, gardening, landscape, outdoor living
Virginia creeper and dogwoods.  When my husband sees that Virginia creeper on the house, its days will be numbered.  He just has this problem with climbing vines.
Virginia creeper and dogwoods. When my husband sees that Virginia creeper on the house, its days will be numbered. He just has this problem with climbing vines.

• Z

My hubby wanted ten acres at least, but we couldn't find any that was developed and the cost of bringing in power and water was more than we wanted to spend. At our age I'm thinking we were wiser with the 2.33 that we have. It's allot of work, isn't it? @TaniaC I see you have about the same amount of land we do. What kind of mower do you have? We recently got a zero turn and boy what time that saves in mowing.

• Leida R

OOH WOW!!! I have half an acre, and thought that was a lot to keep up with. How do you do it???