Garage Sale Find: Antique Chair Reupholster

I realize that there are some really good buys at garage sales and some people don’t even realize the worth of some of the things they own and are willing to sell it for a couple of bucks. Now that I’ve “discovered” garage sales I’ve found some really great pieces. I purchased a set of chairs for only $10 and refinished them! It was a lot easier than I thought it would be and I want to share my find with you all.
The chair was sanded down and stained a deep brown. You can see the difference between the old and new colors. The old is on the left and the new on the right.
I measured the length and width of the back of the chair and added 2” inches to each measurement. I cut out a piece of upholstery fabric according to the measurements. The measurements allowed the fabric to overlap the sides. I used upholstery staples to attach the fabric to the back of the chair.

The Kreative Life

• Tin21904609

HOW TO YOU REUPHOLSTER THIS CHAIR? THERE ARE NO INSTRUCTIONS

• Helen Gesell

I would love to try this, but her site has been taken down - the domain is expired. How did she do this???
  • Kerrie Babineaux Jager

Hi, you said you sanded the chair before you stained it. Question: how do you sand the detailed parts? I noticed the arms had a beautiful leaf-looking engraving. I may sound really dumb (I’m sure everyone on here knows how to sand things like this...except for me) I’m just starting out, so please have some

patience with me bc I have MANY questions, so please excuse this inexperienced “newbie.” I’m used to fixing things, not updating them with paint and I’m ready for a change! BEAUTIFUL chair and great find!