$187 Boys Bathroom Makeover

41K Views
Painted the boring vanity navy blue, added board and batten to the walls, covered huge ugly builder grade mirror with molding, grey walls, diy boys superhero artwork, and replaced towel bar with hooks. Tutorial on how to add board and batten without removing the existing baseboards.

Suggested materials for this project:

2 Little Superheroes

Ask a Question
      • 3po3
        3po3

Looks great. How did you get all that stuff for $187?

• 2 Little Superheroes
          2 Little Superheroes Raleigh, NC

Steve thanks so much for leaving a comment! I just joined HomeTalk tonight and this is my first post. I've put a detailed list of all my costs on my blog here. http://www.2littlesuperheroes.com/2012/07/187-boys-bathroom-makeover.html But it's really just paint and some wood for the molding. But I just used the absolute cheapest wood (2" wide battens at Home Depot $0.66 a foot- and I really didn't have that much wall space to cover). Being such cheap wood I just had to make sure it wasn't too warped when buying it. The battens are thin it's not the nice thick board and batten, but I was on a strict budget and it's just a kids bathroom (they didn't even notice that I changed anything in the room, lol).