Storywood Designs
Storywood Designs
  • Raleigh, NC

Butcher Block Island painted with Milk Paint

I found (some might say stalked) a butcher block island featured in a local estate sale. It was made by a master woodworker and the perfect size and style for my kitchen. After looking for years, I was so excited to find one and put my own stamp on it!
Sanded the top and painted the bottom with Old Fashioned Milk Paint in Oyster White
Added vintage handles as towel bars - 1 for each side.
All I need now are some great vintage casters so that I can move my new island around my tiny kitchen whenever I need to!
Storywood Designs

• Ric22508882

Love your project! I, too, am looking for a small butcher block island, but not sure it will work in my small area. Can you please give me the dimensions of your island, as well as the dimensions of the floor space in your kitchen? Thank you!

• Storywood Designs

Thank you Tricia... I love using milk paint for a worn look.

• Faidra Ford

I have one of those in my basement that I could do the same thing. I had my cabinets painted with burgundy painted then distressed with a yellow milk paint. I'll do the same with the block and add copper knobs for towel hangers! Thanks for the inspiration!!