Tracy W
Tracy W
  • Orland Park, IL

My backyard shed gets a much needed makeover...

My shed was once a "tiki hut" but Chicago winters took their toll. So I added some paint, trim and painted the doors with black gloss paint to look like glass panel doors. It makes such a difference in my yard. You can find the tutorial here... http://generalsplendour.blogspot.com/2011/08/reveal-my-40-shed-makeover.html
This was the eyesore that was my backyard shed.  It had fallen into disrepair and needed some TLC.
This was the eyesore that was my backyard shed. It had fallen into disrepair and needed some TLC.
Here is my finished product.  It is not a "tennis club".  Total cost was only $40.  I made the awning out of a tarp and masking tape and furring strips.  Such a difference for a little effort and money.
Here is my finished product. It is not a "tennis club". Total cost was only $40. I made the awning out of a tarp and masking tape and furring strips. Such a difference for a little effort and money.

• Arlene Hill

Just a super idea, your so clever, thank you. Love it
  • Sno10242378

1. Don't use paint for the fake windows. I have ordered vinyl windows that you peel and stick. Seen on website for garage doors. Many shapes and sizes.