Tracy W
Tracy W
  • Orland Park, IL

I painted my ugly formica counters to look like faux granite!

I recently removed wallpaper in my kitchen and painted the walls and really loved the new look. But I was stuck with these ugly hunter green formica countertops with wood trim! UGH. So I decided to try to paint them and they turned out SO great I was shocked. It totally transformed my kitchen for about $100. The tutorial is here...
http://generalsplendour.blogspot.com/2011/02/ambush-makeover-my-formica-countertops.html
This was the countertops BEFORE.... yup hunter green formica with fancy wood trim.  LOL
This was the countertops BEFORE.... yup hunter green formica with fancy wood trim. LOL
And here is the AFTER!  I did a lot of research with regards to technique and such.  And being a cancer survivor, I wanted to make sure all the products I used were non-toxic and safe.  I was blown away by the results!
And here is the AFTER! I did a lot of research with regards to technique and such. And being a cancer survivor, I wanted to make sure all the products I used were non-toxic and safe. I was blown away by the results!

• Patsy Driggers Cumbie

Do you know of an epoxy that seals the finish that is not high gloss but more of a satin finish?

• Bill Storey

The kit from Giani is wonderful. With one kit and an added highlight color, I did my large kitchen and it is great! All for $87!