DIY Log or Branch Christmas Tree

Foregoing the usual fake Christmas tree we put up most years, we decided to try our hand at making a stacked log (or some may consider these branches) Christmas tree.
diy log or branch christmas tree, christmas decorations, crafts, diy, repurposing upcycling, seasonal holiday decor, woodworking projects
Using branches from my sister's bonfire pile, a salvaged 2x4 from our basement wall teardown and some power tools, we ended up with a pretty sturdy log Christmas tree that we hope will last for quite some time to come.
I love the mix of woods types that we were able to find out of the wood pile. Knottyness and all.
Though it took some patience, the tree turned out as well as I had hoped.
Using logs or large branches and 2x4s we were able to make a rustic, low profile Christmas tree that works great in our small space.
We started off by making a tree stand. One that would allow us to push the tree up against a wall for a low profile in our small townhouse.
Next wood was cut and lined up and marked down the center.
The the log pieces were flipped to the back side and marked down center and out 1-3/4" on each side to align with the 2x4 tree stand.
The 2x4 was placed on top of the logs and then two drill holes were made and each log was screwed up into the 2x4 piece.
A string of lights was easily attached and it really warmed up the basement for the holidays.
Check out my entire blog post for detailed directions and more photos. Find the blog post link below.

Amy Ellis @ StowandTellU

• Jean M

This is fantastic !!! I just show it to my husband and we have plans to make one, maybe two. 😉

• RaeAnn Peltier

Terrific...OUTSIDE : pine cones rubbed w peanut butter & bird seed...or hang suet on the top branches... Your idea is WINNER🎄🎄🎄