Small Space Solution - Laundry Closet Makeover

Take a peek at how we converted a tiny closet into a designated laundry area...
We have lived in our house for a little over 2 years and if you can believe it, during these past couple of years we have not had a washer and dryer. I know, a lot of you are asking how we lived without it for so long? We're not sure how we did it either haha!
When we first saw our house we fell in love with it! It was exactly what we were looking for and pretty much ticked all of the boxes on our list. We knew that the washer/dryer connection location was not ideal...it was in the crawl space, which is definitely a little dingy and at times scary. It is also not incredibly convenient as we have to walk outside and down a hill to get to the crawl space, then duck your head to get inside and proceed to stand on a dirt floor. Laundry is already not my idea of a fun time and add the crawl space element in, not so much! You get the picture...but here is what it looks like to give you a better visual
Pretty creepy and dirty - not to mention totally inconvenient. We finally said "enough is enough" and bit the bullet and decided to build out the closet in our study. We were tired of spending so much time doing laundry and the Laundromat or my parents home - and honestly it just didn't feel 100% like our home. So we hired a crew and they got to work!
Here is the closet we decided to use...
It is a very tiny 1930's closet - not wide or deep. We knew that this could be built out to accommodate a washer and dryer.
I just loved coming home each day and seeing the progress made! Here you can see the frame work...
…and then sheetrock added.
We added shutter doors...
It's a small space, but we have some great shelves to help with storage and really maximize the space.
I love this glass bottle I found on clearance at TJ Maxx for only $2...I thought it was perfect to hold our liquid detergent!
We really feel like this space is so large now :)
We hope you like how we converted a tiny closet into a laundry area. We are thrilled to have a designated space inside the house to do laundry.

2 Bees in a Pod - Vicki and Jennifer

• Virginia

What did it cost to build this? I'm tired of going up & down to the basement.

• Bonnie

What size is the washer and dryer set in these photos?
  • C garnica

I believe I have similar washer and dryer but mine have bases on them. Did you have to buy specific stackable machines to put them on top of each other? I have about the exact same amount of room in my laundry room and would love to stack them like you did.

• Tab

Yes you would need stackable machines to stack them

• This is so compact, useful and cute, too! To see a great idea to keep your clothes from stretching and damage while hanging and drying go towww.hangrite.us

• Eroque022810

Love what you did and would do it in a heartbeat but I'm only 5'3" tall. Do to my balance issues cannot be on step stool nor chairs per dr. I'm glad you got it done and that you love it I think it's great.