Storywood Designs
Storywood Designs
  • Raleigh, NC

Painted Dresser with Harlequin Diamonds and Compass Roses

I promise y'all that not everything I paint has diamonds (of course, they are a girls best friend!), but this is another of my favorite pieces. My client had an old pine dresser she wanted painted to go with a large hutch she had built. We painted harlequin diamonds on each drawer and a compass rose on each end.
A straight-on shot of the painted dresser.  Antique white base with pale blue diamonds.  The drawers were simple with no embellishments and plain wooden knobs, so the diamonds worked... they had no competition.
A straight-on shot of the painted dresser. Antique white base with pale blue diamonds. The drawers were simple with no embellishments and plain wooden knobs, so the diamonds worked... they had no competition.
This angle shows the compass rose and the diamonds down the front.  The compass was just fun to paint - the math freak in me love figuring out the angles and the artist in me had so much fun painting it in!
This angle shows the compass rose and the diamonds down the front. The compass was just fun to paint - the math freak in me love figuring out the angles and the artist in me had so much fun painting it in!
A closeup of the drawers.  We lightly distressed the drawers - we didn't want distressing to compete for attention with the painted details but we wanted the overall piece to look aged.
A closeup of the drawers. We lightly distressed the drawers - we didn't want distressing to compete for attention with the painted details but we wanted the overall piece to look aged.
Storywood Designs

• Dno3427845

Do you have a stencil for this diamond pattern? How did you paint?