GadgetSponge.com
GadgetSponge.com
  • Shreveport, LA

Repurposed/Upcycled License Plate Clipboards

This is the second round of license plate clipboards I've put together so far. I got a hold of two matching pairs of 1975 license plates that were never used. They still had the parchment paper included that listed and displayed the current (1975) signs and traffic law changes to make the driver aware.
These are fun ways to display interesting things or to get organized and keep your counters cleaner.
I bought the clips by themselves and enlarged the mounting holes.  And I also heat-treated the clips to bring out the rainbow of colors using a MAPP gas torch.
I bought the clips by themselves and enlarged the mounting holes. And I also heat-treated the clips to bring out the rainbow of colors using a MAPP gas torch.
Nuts, bolts and washers keep the strong clips firmly in place.
repurposed upcycled license plate clipboards, repurposing upcycling
It's better to use stiffer license plates that aren't as easy to bend so the tension from the clips won't bend the metal on their own.
GadgetSponge.com