How To Create And Organize Your Own Custom Designed Day Planner

$20.00

I don’t buy a new day planner every year for several reasons. I can’t seem to find one that fits by daily schedule and activities or one that matches how I like to plan. I also find they are quite expensive.
Might I also add that I have an iPad and iPhone that I use as back-ups for planning. I tried just solely using the tech versions but I found I prefer using my binder, paper and pen system.
So several years ago I decided to create my own. It consists of an Avery® Mini Durable Binder, lined pages, one package of dividers for each month, plastic dividers and plastic pockets. The cost was around $20.00 by the time I bought all of the pieces. But my only cost now will be replacing the lined pages.
At the front of my planner I have a section for my to-dos. I have one page for each category such as errands, appointments, blog tasks and projects. This is also where I keep my grocery lists.
The next section is for my day plans. I write two dates per page. I also underline each date with a pencil crayon using a ruler. I use a colour coding system to help keep me organized. I use green to indicate days off, pink for weekdays, blue for important dates and purple for special celebrations.
A handy tip is to cut the corners of each day as it has passed. This makes it easy to flip immediately to the current day.
I use the plastic pouches at the back of the binder to hold things like notes, cheques, stamps and coupons. I have extra dividers at the back of the binder just in case I need to use them to make a new section.
This day planner system is perfect because it is perpetual! I can plan ahead as far as I want to. It is also an inexpensive planner design and system that helps me stay organized.
I invite you to visit the blog post for more details and tips!
Take Care,
Thea

31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
31 Ways To Get Privacy Inside And Outside Your Home
32 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
31 Brilliant Ways To Repurpose Everyday Items Into Perfect Organizers
25 Fun Things You'll Want to DIY Before the Spring Arrives
18 Stunning Backsplash Ideas You Do Not Want To Miss!
18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
16 Floating Shelves That Will Stun Guests
Time With Thea

• Linda Hayes

Great idea. I also added a pocket in the back for anything relating to taxes.

• 2.m3152982

I like the old Avery system 2 but got a bound one this yr. You have another post that reminds me to use what planner I've got. so I'm working on getting all the information into it.

• Time With Thea

@2.mary.ebert That is awesome. It is all about creating a system with products that work for you> Glad this and the other post were helpful.