How Do You Store Your Stuff?

1 Day

Having all the space you need doesn't do you any good unless it's organized and you can find your stuff easily. Being organized saves you money, because if you can't find your stuff when you need it, you will go out and buy another one of the items that you need, but can't find...
So, how do you store your stuff?
My husband made simple and inexpensive 2 x 4 shelving to hold all of our storage containers. They are quick and easy to make in an afternoon. We made 3 units in one day to hold all our stuff. One whole shelf holds our kids mementos. You can see more here: http://diydesignfanatic.blogspot.com/2012/10/diy-storage-how-to-store-your-stuff.html
A storage area in your basement in garage doesn't have to be expensive or complicated.
This is what your storage room could look like with easy to make and inexpensive shelves.
Each shelf is 8 feet long and 2 feet wide to minimize cutting of materials. They are easy to assemble from 2 x 4's and 1/2" osb. The big box stores can cut the osb down for you at little or no charge.
This is how the shelving unit looks when completed..
We spaced the shelves to fit our storage containers in order to maximize our limited storage space.

These West Elm Knockoffs Are Pretty Unbelievable
Get The Outdoor Space You've Always Dreamed Of With These DIY Ideas
25 Impressive Ways You Can Update Your Ikea Purchases!
Does Your Staircase Need an Update?
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
Fun Father's Day Gift Ideas You Can Make Yourself
Keep Your Craft Supplies Organized With These Fun Storage Ideas
Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas
The Wonderful Things You Can Make With...Paper!
These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own
15 Unique Father's Day Crafts
Turn A Cake Pan Into A Shelf + More Clever Repurposing Ideas!
30 Gorgeous Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
Diy Design Fanatic

• TAMMY SPALSBURY

I Love this Idea. The Only thing I would Change is to make it so the totes could be bigger. Otherwise ( Awesome ) Great Job.
    • Diy Design Fanatic

If you get larger toters for larger items, make your shelves deeper to accomodate them. Some of my totes are really heavy!

• AndreainNM

Need this in my life! Thank you-making this weekend!!!