Asked on Dec 25, 2014

What's your #1 choice for your kitchen?

OlivaBecky GreenwaldKathy T.
+14

Washing dishes can be tedious and sometimes not fun, especially for those without dishwashers. However, with the right faucet, maybe it doesn't have to be that way. Which would you prefer in your kitchen, the arching spout of a pull-down faucet or a pull-out faucet with its extending spout?
  • Teri Broberg
    Teri Broberg

I love my pull-down Delta, BUT I have real problems controlling the water temperature. Next faucet will have separate hot and cold handles, but hopefully I can still have the pull down sprayer feature.

• Debra
    Debra

Pull down would be my choice as the water would be more flexible as to where you want the spray to go.

• Meredith Black
    Meredith Black

I have the pull out now after a couple of years it doesn't want to go all the way back in but I do like it.

• MaryStLouis
    MaryStLouis

I don't like either type. The pull-down is too tall and bulky for my taste and the pull-out, at least the ones that I have had, fail to retract after time. I like my current traditional faucet with its separate sprayer.

• Pat Green
    Pat Green

i have pull and I really like it

• Emy
    Emy

pull down

• Kathie Iverson Nitz
    Kathie Iverson Nitz

I think i would like the pull down. i use the sprayer a lot but a pull down would be handier.

• Mlcapaci
    Mlcapaci

I have had both. Pull down gets it hands down!

• Liliana Wells
    Liliana Wells

I would not buy either one. The more moving parts you have, the more can go wrong with the faucet. Give me a traditional hot and cold handles anytime.

• Clarisse Langlois
    Clarisse Langlois

I have both and I prefer the pull-out

• D,W.TAYLOR
    D,W.TAYLOR

Either one is the hot set up. Enjoy. Happy holidays

• Ale805628
    Ale805628

I have had both faucets, the pull down is aesthetically my favorite but it has its downfalls. Because the hose is taller it creates more of a splash when spraying. The second issue I noticed, if you try to spray the front of the sink your aiming towards yourself. The coils are too stiff to give you much flexibility.

• Mandy Hall
    Mandy Hall

Definitely pull down. Have had two pull outs and not very reliable.

• Connie Mar
    Connie Mar

We've had a pull-out faucet in our kitchen for over 7 years and love it! Has one knob for water temp. We've had no issues with retraction or water temp control like others have mentioned. Might depend on the brand/quality/warranty of the product. Years ago when I was a dishwasher at a Holiday Inn restaurant, I used the pull-down faucet. Loved it back then. If you have a huge sink, the pull-down type would be more to scale. For my home, with residential cooking, I prefer the pull-out. If I was doing commercial scale cooking, the pull-down might be my preference.

• Kathy T.
    Kathy T.

Pull down

• Becky Greenwald
    Becky Greenwald

Moen Aberdeen

• Oliva
    Oliva

Brizo, pull down, self locking faucet, with built in sprayer and high arc.