'a casarella
'a casarella
  • San Diego, CA

Make a GIANT chalkboard using crown molding and magnetic chalkboard paint.

This gorgeous chalkboard wall is soo much easier to make than it looks. All you need is crown molding from the hardware store, magnetic chalkboard paint, and a blank wall.
Paint a wall with chalkboard paint and then frame it with molding for a more finished look.
The paint is also magnetic!
The paint is also magnetic!
diy projects, chalk paint, chalkboard paint, painting
'a casarella

• Veronica

I followed the link to your blog site, but couldn’t find this project. It seems that all the posts are linear, without a search function.

I want to make Magnetic Whiteboard Closet Doors. Been scouring the local resale sites for 3 identical (giant, 6-8’ x 3-4’) actual whiteboards to attach to plain, sliding closet doors.

Thought about whiteboard paint, but saw a lot of dissatisfied reviews about texture (not a good thing - makes cleaning difficult). Plus, I thought I’d have to forego the magnetic feature.

I’d love to read your post about this project, if there are more details. Can you help me find it? Thanks!

• 'a casarella

HI Veronica... I am so sorry, there is a search bar on the blog but it is very small. I'm also not sure why this post doesn't lead directly to the link which you can find here: http://www.acasarella.net/2012/10/a-broken-commandment_15.html That said, my link won't be of much use to you as this wasn't my project. This wall is in my sister-in-law's house and the post is more of a little house tour than a tutorial. I'm so sorry I can't be more helpful!

• Veronica

Thank you!