New Deck & Pergola

Nice transformation from a contractors pressure treated deck to a composite deck with a pergola, benches, and a newly terraced backhill all leveled and ready for play
Pergola provides nice shade in mid afternoon
New environment
New environment
Before of path and deck
Before of path and deck
Unilock pavers and wall system
Unilock pavers and wall system
Before
Before
Completed with plantings
Completed with plantings
After
After
Room with a view of newly terraced backhill
Landscaping Finished
Landscaping Finished

• Hello, I realize this post is many years old but I hope you can still respond. We have a similar situation/style deck off the back of our home. I want a pergola roof built so I can add some shading, privacy and some lights. We have the same style posts you originally had on your deck, capped off at top of railing. How did you go about adding the continued height on those posts without tearing apart the entire deck? Please help. Any info you could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Great transformations. The radius corner on the pergola is a great detail.

• CK

What did you use for construction materials? We just built a pergola and found it difficult to find composite, maintenance free materials for that. The people at the store couldn't get it out of their heads that we weren't building any railing.