DIY Canned Food Organizers

With a family of 7 to feed, my canned food stash was going a bit crazy. I designed and built wood organizers that rotate the oldest dates out first. I also built 2 different sizes. This one will hold up to 12 cans... Woohoo! The others will hold up to 7 and are stackable. This is the best thing to happen to my pantry in a long time! Plus... They cost under $5 a piece to build! You can see the full set of easy plans with lots of photos and tips at http://www.shanty-2-chic.com/2012/10/pantry-ideas-diy-canned-food-storage.html

15 Stencil Patterns You'll Wish You'd Seen Sooner
23 Surprising Uses for Curtain Rings
12 Christmas Home Tours You're SO Going To Fall For
3 Cute Step-by-Step Ideas For Unique Planters
15 Memorial Day Crafts
Valentine's Day Is Getting Closer! Get Ready With These Lovely Ideas
Spruce Up Your Plain Lamp With One Of These Great Ideas
20 Easy Projects To Help You Get Ready For Easter
14 DIY Must-Haves For All Camping Trips
21 Stunning Wreaths for The 4th of July
Everything Red For Canada Day
3 Gorgeous & Easy Projects to Help You Decorate for Fall
Shanty2Chic

• Leo27047990

Why have the subscriptions by email been deactivated?
  • Ivory

I am so in love with this, however, in our pantry we only have dry goods in there. All of our can goods are in a small closet turn pantry, In our basement. My hubby installed shelves in there which works wonderful. Do you have ideas for dry goods in kitchen pantry
    • Katrina A Czachor

Dollar stores sell various plastic jars with lids that work great for dry goods. Different sizes and shapes! Screw on lids help keep things dry and bug free. I use huge pickle jars for rice, flour, and cornmeal just like my Mom did. You can tape any Recipes on the inside of the jar to dual purpose a recipe stan.

• Mike Ramsey

Is there a way to down your plans and photo that doesn't include a mass of web porn or having to do screen captures? Thank you,

Mike

Great plans to help new woodworkers learned the craft!!

• Sherry C

Use Ad Blocker. It has saved me a ton of headaches!

• Caryl

I love this!!! So inspiring for me to do in my laundry room / pantry. I do not have space in my kitchen for a pantry. Love, love, love this. Thank you!!

• Maria

Shoul not have this many canned foods in the house.

• Wendy

I keep my pantry stocked for cooking and baking. I’m not running to a grocery store every time I want to make a meal or bake. What a waste of time. I also do canning. Why not get things on hand when they are on sale. Evidently you love to go to the stores on a regular basis and pay full price. I agree with Mary.