DIY Canned Food Organizers

With a family of 7 to feed, my canned food stash was going a bit crazy. I designed and built wood organizers that rotate the oldest dates out first. I also built 2 different sizes. This one will hold up to 12 cans... Woohoo! The others will hold up to 7 and are stackable. This is the best thing to happen to my pantry in a long time! Plus... They cost under $5 a piece to build! You can see the full set of easy plans with lots of photos and tips at http://www.shanty-2-chic.com/2012/10/pantry-ideas-diy-canned-food-storage.html

13 DIY Projects That Scream Canada
30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants
15 Home Improvement DIY Ideas You'll Want To Copy This Month
15 Amazing Projects To Help Make Your Home Look Fabulous
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
Check Out These Wonderful Gift Ideas You Can Do All By Yourself
18 String Art Ideas That You'll Want To Hang In Your Home
Shanty2Chic

• Leo27047990
    Leo27047990

Why have the subscriptions by email been deactivated?
  • Ivory
    Ivory

I am so in love with this, however, in our pantry we only have dry goods in there. All of our can goods are in a small closet turn pantry, In our basement. My hubby installed shelves in there which works wonderful. Do you have ideas for dry goods in kitchen pantry
    • Katrina A Czachor
      Katrina A Czachor

Dollar stores sell various plastic jars with lids that work great for dry goods. Different sizes and shapes! Screw on lids help keep things dry and bug free. I use huge pickle jars for rice, flour, and cornmeal just like my Mom did. You can tape any Recipes on the inside of the jar to dual purpose a recipe stan.

• Mike Ramsey
    Mike Ramsey

Is there a way to down your plans and photo that doesn't include a mass of web porn or having to do screen captures? Thank you,

Mike

Great plans to help new woodworkers learned the craft!!

• Sherry C
      Sherry C

Use Ad Blocker. It has saved me a ton of headaches!

• Caryl
    Caryl

I love this!!! So inspiring for me to do in my laundry room / pantry. I do not have space in my kitchen for a pantry. Love, love, love this. Thank you!!

• Maria
    Maria

Shoul not have this many canned foods in the house.

• Wendy
      Wendy

I keep my pantry stocked for cooking and baking. I’m not running to a grocery store every time I want to make a meal or bake. What a waste of time. I also do canning. Why not get things on hand when they are on sale. Evidently you love to go to the stores on a regular basis and pay full price. I agree with Mary.