Sharon @ mrs. hines class
Sharon @ mrs. hines class
  • Spring, TX

Get Your Whites White Again!

Our whites were dingy and yellow. I had tried combinations of bleach, baking soda and detergent, but with no luck. My luck changed when I discovered a tip for getting whiter whites on Pinterest. I put the tip to the test and am sharing the results...
Tricks
follow this tip for getting your whites white again, cleaning tips
Start with very hot water, 1 cup of laundry detergent, 1 cup of dish washer detergent, *1 cup of bleach, 1/2 cup of borax.
Let soak. Then wash as a small load so the ingredients can act as a concentrate.
*Some have asked if you can use this method without bleach. Yes, you can.
The first time I tried this, I didn't get the results I was hoping for.
I learned that the KEY is letting your clothes soak for as long as possible, overnight if possible.
I was so pleased to be able to save my husband's t-shirts from the trash, at least for a little while longer.
Sharon @ mrs. hines class

• Dominique

My husband is a chef and we can't afford a dry cleaner so I spot treat all stains with shout and soak in a bucket of hot water with oxyclean and vinegar. Works every time. I only use dishwashing liquid if he has ink stains. No bleach because it will change the color of the logo and eventually makes his jackets yellow. His jackets look brand new with no stains 2+ years later.

• Marcia Merryman

I add borax every time I wash whites. It makes sure all the detergent is gone from the fabric. Works wonders!