Brooke @ Start at Home
Brooke @ Start at Home
  • Centerville, UT

Upgrading Those Builder Grade Closets

As you may know this summer we welcomed baby creating quite the room shuffle. We only have 3 bedrooms upstairs and I wasn't too keen on the idea of sending my 6 year old to the basement so that meant room sharing....boo!!
Our rooms upstairs are not large and is only big enough for one dresser. I decided to maximize the space in their closet. My first thought was to rip everything out and start over
upgrading and organizing builder grade closets, bedroom ideas, closet, organizing, storage ideas
Here is the plain old closet before........pretty boring!
And here is the new organized closet.
I moved both of the rods to the same side allowing me to add 3 shelves.
The wood for the shelving only cost me $20 and I found the shoe organized at Home Depot for $30. I also added a few hooks for them to hang their purses and jackets on.
With 2 girls in the same room I knew it would be hard to keep things organized on open shelves, and with only 1 dresser I needed a few more spots to stash clothes.
The galvanized buckets I found at Ace Hardware and the canvas bags were purchased from Kohls. They have worked great for organizing clothes and toys!
Now don't worry their closet doesn't always look like this, I actually cleaned it for these pictures. However I have been very proud of them, I checked it today and it is still clean, I think this is a record
Brooke @ Start at Home

• Plamena Staneva

• Debra Bergert

anyone have suggestion how to store hangers not be being used at time? i have a tall kitchen garb can FULL OF THEM. nowhere else to put them. plus all my open space is ABOVE the shelf/rod. im only 5ft but now have boxes of winter shoes/boots, and purses stacked up there. much wasted space up there. thanks for any help. babyphatlorenzo@aol.com
    • Linda
      30 minutes ago

I put my extra hangers in the laundry room for later use.