How to Build Bedroom Storage Towers

$180

We needed a storage solution for our 5 year old son's room that could handle books, toys, and collectibles with both open shelves and some concealed space as well. I got inspiration from an Ana White plan and a Pottery Barn set. The full build post and plan can be found at our site.
I started with basic face frame boxes, then used 1x boards for trim around the top and bottom.
I made some simple feet from 4x4 lumber and attached them to the bottom.
The shelf spanning the two towers is made from plywood and capped with a 1x2 board.
I sprayed everything with satin latex paint and assembled the pieces in the room. Each tower was attached to the wall with a 3" screw for stability.
I added doors and hardware and we loaded it up with all of our son's favorite things.
We are really happy with how this turned out!
The doors provide nice concealed storage for some of his books and other items that aren't necessarily "display-worthy".
The shelf between the two towers makes nice use of space that sometimes goes unused.
You can find the plan and more info at the link below. Thanks!
Two Make a Home

• Diane

This is perfect for our bedroom I've been looking for something like this it won't streamline what we have and be able to let us get down to a couple of dressers in our bedroom we have too much Miss Matched Furniture in there I can't wait to show this to my husband to start although he has been telling me lately that he has too many honeydew things on his list

• Patricia Sturgess

I want this for my room, on a fixed income but could afford the wood, but have no one that I know that could do this for me..love it