Jennifer Decorates
Jennifer Decorates
  • Murfreesboro, TN

Window Treatment Ideas

Window Treatments make all the difference. These drapes are in my living room. I used cheap $5 iron finials from Hobby Lobby as drapery hardware!
I love mixing different fabrics, it makes a room so cozy.
These finials were $5. Of course, I waited for them to be 1/2 off at Hobby Lobby. I used wooden rings to hang my curtains.
Jennifer Decorates

• Eroque022810

These are just decorative not functional correct? Do you think that I can somehow get this look on a rod so that they are functional? I really like the fabric used and would enjoy in the bedroom. But I need it to be able to close.

• Amanda

Hi! I really want to create this look but am stumped as to how you secured the finials to the wall?? Also, do you think I could use knobs sold for furniture instead?

thank you!
    • Jennifer Decorates

Hello Amanda. The finials have to pre-drilled holes. We added a 1x2 board to the wall with screws. Next, we painted the board the same color as the wall, and then added the finials. You would only need to add the board if your drapes are really heavy. If you were able to find studs to attach your finials to, then you would not have to add the board. Good luck!

• Denia Teeters

Love this look and will try finials in my LR. Can hardly wait to see how they look. I acquired a lot of draperies in a pattern similiar to yours with toppers but the toppers were too formal to me. Thanks for sharing!

• Jan Elizabeth

I LOVE the fabric and the color of the trim underneath, and the antique finials just pop against them.